Director of Operations - Butch Mitchell – firstname.lastname@example.org
Water & Waste Water Foreman - Derrel Johnson – email@example.com
For any after hours Public Works Emergencies please call 780-332-1599
This is the Town’s answering service which is open 24 hours a day 365 days a year. If you get a recording the dispatchers on duty are answering another call, please leave a message. Include the following:
- Your name
- Phone number with area code
- Address of the emergency
The dispatcher will contact the on-call water personnel. Please be aware that that dispatcher may be addressing more than one issue and several callers. Unless there is a question about the emergency, you will probably not receive a call back.
During business hours (Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.) you can call 780-332-4626.
Health Checks for your Clogged Sewer Line
- From time to time, clogs happen in sewer lines, which run from houses to the Town’s main sewer line. At the very least, a clogged sewer line is inconvenient, messy, destructive and expensive. What causes the clog? What damage do the clogs cause? How can you prevent these clogs?
- Putting grease down the sink: These materials solidify in the line. Using hot water does not help because the water cools in the line. Soap only breaks up the grease temporarily. Pour the grease in a container and dispose in the trash.
- Flushing things such as j-cloths, paper towels, wipes, and tampons: Sewers are designed only to handle human waste, toilet paper and water. Anything else is an experiment that almost always causes problems. The thought is that if it is small it will do no harm. Another thought is that since human waste is biodegradable, then other biodegradable things such as food are fair game or since toilet paper is paper then other paper products are ok. They are not. Grease will stick in the lines and slows the drain, and non-flushable products will block the sewer lines.
- Removing Drain Strainers: Many people remove them so that their sinks or bathtubs drain faster, or the drain works fine without them. Hair that is not stopped by your bathtub strainer snags on piping and builds up or food matter down your kitchen sink contributes to blockages forming in your sewer line.
- Paint Thinners, Gas & Oil are not healthy for your drains.
- Try putting a pail of water in your floor drains –monthly if you smell sewer coming up