Grimshaw Regional Healthcare Attraction and Retention Scholarship Program
This scholarship is intended for high school students, students already in a qualifying program, and adults considering enrolling in a medical or health-related program in person or online. It is designed to provide financial support to students entering a healthcare or medical-related program and encourage them to live and work in the Grimshaw region.
1. Proof of acceptance into a health or medical-related program:
- Nursing – Practitioner, Registered, Psychiatric, Licensed Practical, and Health Care Aids
- Emergency Medical Responder, Primary Care Paramedic, Advanced Care Paramedic
- Social Work, Psychology, Psychiatry, Addictions Counselling, Mental Health Therapy
- Physio, Dietetics, Occupational, Rehabilitation, Respiratory Therapy
- Optometry, Dietetics , Dentistry, Pharmacy
- X-ray/lab combined technicians
- Bachelor’s degrees, diplomas, and certificates may be considered if it is a requirement for entry into a health or medical faculty program
2. Any year of study - certificate, diploma, or degree programs
3. Call one of the following municipalities home: County of Northern Lights, Town of Grimshaw, MD of Peace 135, or Village of Berwyn
4. Write a short essay of 500 - 700 words that includes the following:
- The applicant’s career plan of their knowledge of the type of work they will be able to find once they graduate from their area of study.
- Their commitment to working and applying their knowledge in a rural northern setting.
- An account of any volunteer or work experience they have which applies or may have led to their decision to obtain education in a health or medical field.
- Any other information they would like to share related to their health or medical-related education field of choice that would help the selection committee come to a decision.
Annually on December 31
Annually on or before February 1